Once upon a time, before I was ever a portrait photographer, when I was just a sophomore in college, I started a blog. It was cute and mostly it was just cathartic, but I really loved it. Somewhere along the way I just kind of…stopped. I never stopped writing, but the posting grew less and less until it didn’t grow at all.
Now I’m back and I’m really excited to get into the swing of regularly posting things. I’ve always liked the idea of sharing more of my life and getting to know you, too. So here we go! I’m going to start today with sharing ten things you may not know about me ☺️
My favorite color is SPARKLES. What’s your favorite color? they ask. Sparkles, I reply. That’s not a real color, some retort. But with every fiber of my being I know that it is. It’s real and I love it.
2. I grew up in California. I live in Virginia now, but I grew up surrounded by vineyards. It was the best little town to grow up in. If you’ve ever seen the 1996 version of The Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan and Dennis Quaid, you’ll know what I’m talking about. If not…time to go watch a classic. ☺️
3. Sometimes I listen to Michael Buble’s Christmas album all year long. Sometimes.
4. I love mixing marinara and alfredo sauces on my pasta. My brother and I used to do it as kids and it’s just stuck with me. I don’t plan on changing anytime soon.
5. I speak Thai fluently!สวัสดีค่ะ มีเพื่อนไทยอะไรอ่านบล็อกนี้ใหมค่ะ
6. I speak Thai fluently because I lived in Thailand for a year and a half. I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so I preached Jesus to everyone who would listen. That meant I had to learn to speak Thai! I know God blessed me to learn such a crazy and beautiful language.
7. I’m a believer! I love God and I love Jesus Christ and I love the good news of Christ’s Gospel! I love talking about God and his blessings ☺️
8. I love driving. Ben likes driving, too, but somehow I became the driver in our family. 🤷♀️
9. I’ve got a real soft spot for art history. I majored in English in college, but art history was my first love. I would live in an art museum, if it were allowed. 😍
10. I’ve been punched in the face by a baby monkey! When I was living in Thailand, I saw a man who had a baby monkey on his shoulder. I asked to hold it, but I guess it didn’t like me and socked me real good in the jaw. I even have it on camera!
Well, there you have it. Ten fun things about the lady behind the camera. Enjoy the photos below. I’d love to hear some fun things about you! Tell me something unique that you love about yourself in the comments ☺️
add a comment